This grilled tuna belly is another delicious dish you can enjoy for Lent. In this recipe, thick strips of tuna belly are marinated overnight in a sweet and spicy mixture of oyster sauce, garlic, lemon juice, chili sauce and sesame oil and then grilled to perfection over hot coals. Try it and let me know what you think.
Grilled Tuna Belly
- 2 pounds tuna belly, cut into serving portions
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Wash tuna belly and pat dry.
- In a bowl, combine lemon juice, garlic, chili sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil and pepper. Stir until well-blended.
- Add tuna and marinate in the refrigerator overnight, turning fish occasionally in the marinade. Drain tuna, reserving the liquid. In a sauce pot, bring marinade to a boil for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- On lightly-greased grates over hot coals, arrange tuna in a single layer. Grill, basting regularly with marinade, for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork and slightly caramelized. Remove from heat and serve hot.